Friday, January 9, 2009

Micah's a sunbeam!


With the start of a new year comes lots of new things, new changes, and new goals. Some of these new things have come as a shock to this monkey momma.


Each year in January, the children in our church move up to the next class. This makes Caleb a CTR (CTR stand for Choose The Right) 9 and Emily will be a CTR 7. Our not so little "baby", Micah, will be a Sunbeam! This puts him in big kid primary. He is no longer in nursery with the little ones.


I thought that he would have a hard time with this transition. We sang the sunbeam song and talked about having new teacher. We even took him to the meet the teacher breakfast that our very insightful primary president held. Now comes the first Sunday in January...


I help his hand down the hall to his new big boy class. He saw his teacher, walked into his class and sat down on a chair. What?! Umm, what happened to my little "baby" who screamed every time a left him in nursery, at a baby sitter, or at the gym? As I walked back to my class, my heart was breaking. My baby is now a "big boy" who doesn't need his mommy.

1 comments:

Barbara said...

I am glad that Micah is adjusting so well. I think he just never thought of himself as a baby and so didn't like the "baby class". I think that now is in the room with his brother and sister, it is okay.

It is hard to watch them grow up. I remember someone telling me that being a parent was learning to let go - that your whole job was learning to let go and say "good-bye." It's tough!